In order that we can keep people safe and remain open we're following the goverment's Covid Secure guidance. As such we've been busy reviewing how we work and making the following changes.
1) We've completed an exhaustive risk assement of the Centre and are happy to make this available on request.
2) We've improved our cleaning routine and have started implementing hourly cleaning of high contact surfaces and areas as well as asking hirers and group leaders to increase their cleaning too. We've also installed hand sanitiser stations in key locations around the Centre.
3) We're asking that anyone attending the Centre wears a mask in line with current government guidance, don't worry if you forget to bring one though we have some disposable ones available so please just ask.
4) We're encouraging social distancing by reducing session sizes and during busier times we'll be operating a one way system throughout the Centre. We may also ask people to queue outside during session change overs, but there will be a member of staff helping guide people whilst we get used to this new way of working.
5) Windows and doors will be open in spaces being used so that we have increased ventilation. Don't worry if you get a little cold, our heating system has recently been serviced and we're happy to put it on for you.
6) Group leaders will be taking contact details so that should we need to we can pass these on to NHS Test and Trace. We'll be keeping a record of all names and a contact number for 21 days, after which they'll be securely destroyed.
7) We're asking that anyone with a persistent cough, a high temperature or has lost their sense of taste or smell (or someone in their household has these symtoms) stays away from the Centre. This includes our staff and volunteers.
Finally we're working towards getting a card reader so we can encourage contactless payments as well as looking into an online payment and booking sytem.
With all these measures in place we hope to see you back here soon!